Chief Buyer (food & Fmcg) with a Chain of Super Market at E. Africa
Date Posted :16-11-2018 03:23:59
Job Ref Code :
Contact Name : Rina Arun
The Post Applied For : Chief Buyer (food & Fmcg) with a Chain of Super Market at E. Africa
City : Nairobi
Country : Kenya
Requirement Type : International
Functional Areas : Commercial/Purchase
Industry : Other
Level : Middle
Qualification : Any Graduate or Any Post Graduate
Job Responsibilities :
INR Salary in USD + Other BenefitsOpenings: 1Posted: 2 days agoJob Applicants: 108Job Views: 172
Send me Jobs like this
The position will be responsible for:
1. Involved in making category growth plan & strategy .Utilize highly effective, proven negotiating skills to deliver best in category management and procurement roles. Lead Category Development Projects and Cross Category Promotion.
2. Conceptualize & execute end-to-end strategy of exclusive new category launches. New SKU & Variants launches . Add new brands with better margins and offers to suite the requirement of customers and category. Launch some products which had 5x sales than usual sales of same products in the category.
3. Responsible for sales & managing margins. Managing SKU rationalization & inventory investment to maximize profitability. Enhancing Information flow to store to ensure smooth operation & implementation of strategies on Shop floor.
4. Promotion Planning (including offer finalization). Working cohesively with vendors to run exclusive offers and schemes, resulting in better value proposition for the customers. Joint Business Plan with companies for sale performance brand wise, ensure good fill rate, offers, visibility (other income).TOT finalization and renewal on timely basis. Conceptualizing and implementing effective marketing and sales promotional strategies to ensure business growth.
5. Worked cohesively with brands to make sure they invest heavily in stores which resulted in highest ever OI generation.
6. Execute Merchandise Display & Presentation guidelines. Also to use proven personal relationship building skills to develop vertical buy in and profitability within the product delivery chain: securing continued delivery of new innovative products with the highest sales and cumulative rebate / supplier support possible.
7. Coordination with supply chain ,vendor mapping, article listing , NPI , Training , Team handling.
Candidate Profile :
The desired candidate profile will be Any Graduate / PG Candidate with Minimum 10+ yrs. of experience in Buying with Retail Industry (Food & FMCG Departments - Mandatory).
Strengths looking for: E
1. Expertise in Modern Trade Sales, Retail Strategy & Business Process, Sourcing/Procurement, Category Management, Merchandising, Operations Management, Sales.
2. Strong acumen of regional/local markets Aware of current software such as SAP, which is currently used in Retail Industry.
Other Skills Required :
Age : 35-45
Experience : 10 Year
Other Skills Required :